Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Innvocation at Martin Luther King Event 2010















































Kristal Armstrong, Barb Pruitt & Eniketi Voss

What a joy and privilege to be asked to pray at the Scottsdale, Arizona's Annual Martin Luther King event 2010. There were almost 1,000 people there; media and many city officials. I knew I only had just a window of time for people to feel the love of God and I wanted to do more than just say a prayer, but share the gospel of Jesus Christ. I prayed that when I mentioned the name of Jesus they would feel the Love of God in such a special way; even if it was quick.

I have to admit, I was very nervous since I am more experience in the "christian" arena, but I truly embraced this as a chance to grow and stretch myself.

I took courage in my presentation, knowing that everyone knew the foundation of Dr. Martin Luther Kings life was his personal relationship with Jesus Christ and his legacy of preachers in his family.

As I started my presentation you could hear some rattling of drinks and movement; but I promise you when I mentioned the name of Jesus Christ a beautiful quiet fell across the entire room, so still, it made me quite uncomfortable knowing I had their complete attention. There is so much power in the name of Jesus!!

Please enjoy my presentation and prayer:

Good Evening,
It is such an honor to be here tonight and be a part of such an incredible event to celebrate the Life, and the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He was a man with many titles: a son; a father,a visionary; he was a patriarch, fearless, driven, brilliant, articulate, and on and on.

Each one of us could add our own adjective to describe his character and what he meant to us. I would like to take a moment to spotlight
his love for His God, his savior Jesus Christ. I believe this was the greatest driving force behind his character, his sacrifices, his vision and his God given Mission. He had a love for the people that could only be expressed by understanding the Love of God through his Christian faith.

Spoken from our hero Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.:

"To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing"

Lets honor his very own w
ords this evening and dedicate this event in prayer to His Lord and His Savior, Jesus Christ. Let's Pray.

Father God,
We thank you for life and
the ability to love and appreciate important patriarchs of our time. We thank you for calling him to this earth with an assignment of such importance. We are grateful that his life was not only devoted to civil rights, but in fact was devoted to you, Jesus Christ. Today we are able to enjoy relationships that generations before us were never able to treasure because of your work through Martin Luther King Jr. We appreciate this special night in honor of a special man. We thank you for every person that helped make tonight the success that it is going to, bless them and bless this food we are about to eat. In Jesus Name, Amen

My favorite part was at the end when the entire room said "AMEN"! So precious to me!













Joe Baca, Eugene Robinson and Don Logan

Don Logan was the first man to start bringing the message of Diversity to the City of Scottsdale and because of his bold commitment to his belief in Diversity, there was an attempt to take his life. He received a package in the mail and when he opened it, it exploded in his hands. That was 5 years ago and they just caught the two men that tried to take his life. He was such a nice man and was an honor to meet him.
(click here to read the story on Don Logan)

Eugen Robinson writes for the Washington Post and a regular guest on CNN. He was the Guest Speaker for the Living the Dream event.

I was so impressed with the heart of Scottsdale and their passion for Diversity and "Living the Dream" in their city! Way to Go!

Special Thanks to Eniketi Voss for the Invitation!




www.estherscourt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment